Monday, January 25, 2010

Still alive and kicking!


This girl here is officially an adult. She turned 18 on the 17th and we celebrated by having a nice lunch in Bowling Green. We had a bit of a family dinner the next evening and then she had a big friends party here at the house the next weekend. It was alot of fun and I am really proud of her and her accomplishments so far in her life.

School is back in session again after the long Christmas break and then a bit of some weather issues that forced them to wait almost another week to start. Both girls are happy to be in school again.

Andrew, my boy, is headed out into the world. He was home for the holidays and was supposed to be sitting in sunny San Diego soon after getting back, but his plans got changed and he has spent the past week in Norfolk, VA awaiting his first trip abroad. His orders are for Bahrain, which is an island off the coast of Saudi Arabia. Not the most ideal place I'm sure, but at least he will be on a ship and he is doing something that he wants to do. Doesn't really make it any easier for those at home. Now I understand how all of the families of our servicemen feel.
This week I am working the opening shift since the manager is at meetings all week in Orlando. I don't really mind the getting up at 1:30 in the morning to get going and all the different things that have to be done each day, and getting off before lunchtime is a bonus, but I don't take a nap when I get home so that I can sleep at bedtime and that makes for a long day. I have been going to bed pretty darn early so I miss out on most of the family time, but at least it is only until Monday. I have Friday off but have to again work the weekend opening then two days of the day shift before finally getting a couple of days off.
On the 10th I am having a hysterectomy done that will lay me up for about a month. I am really looking forward to it. I have lots to keep me busy while laying around in bed and I have been wanting to have this done for about 10 years now. I finally found a doctor that was willing to just do it without trying something else first. I think I have tried all of those something elses.

1 comment:

dianna said...

WOW! You have a LOT going on woman! I'm sure you're still feeling out of sorts from your procedure...hope you're feeling better soon my dear*!*