Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009!

Wow, it came, it went and I am happy to see it go.

For whatever reason I find the holiday season a bit stressful and because of all the changes in the daily schedules around here this year I found I didn't particularly enjoy it much. Between the discord with my parents, the stress of a new job that keeps me sleeping, physical issues that will not resolve themselves, kids, and life in general I sometimes felt that I was just going through the motions day to day.

Right now it is almost 5 pm on Christmas day. Twelve hours ago the girls woke us up to open presents. Because there were so few this year we took turns opening so that it would last just a little longer. Tori and I headed back to bed soon after finishing up. Will got on the computer to play his game and Emily played one of her new DS games. Around 9am the folks came in to drop off goodies from an Amish neighbor and we made plans to go over to their house after they finished up the chores. Chores didn't go so well and by the time we got over there around 11 everyone was just plain tired. We managed to open presents and then we got out of there.

Amber and David took Emily with them to Bowling Green to spend a few days. Tori came home with us, showered and proceeded to visit some friends on the way to stay at Amber's. I went back to bed after finally eating some leftovers and now I am in the process of I have no idea. Waiting for the football game to come on at 6 or so.

I remember when the girls were little and the anticipation of Christmas was almost more than any of us could stand. Maybe it is because they are older now and their outlook on the season is different. Maybe it is because there is so much tension in the air whenever everyone is all together that it takes effort not to get mad. Who knows, I just know that despite it all I did have a good time but I am really glad it is over. I am ready to start looking towards the new year and all the changes that we hope to make happen.

I think that with patience we will have a good 2010. There is alot that will be going on all year that we have to be prepared for and I am trying on a new outlook on life to make sure that I get where I want to be. I want to do more with less this year and really get on top of some of the issues that caused me so much stress this year, and I want to really enjoy life.

So, Merry Christmas to all who partake of my little blog here. Hopefully I will be a bit better about posting and will try to find a new updated look for it.

No comments: