Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Making Changes

Alot of things are changing around here recently. All for the good for sure.

Yesterday Will and I took advantage of a day off from work for me and an empty house and did a bit of cleaning, tossing and organizing in the basement. We had decided that we really needed to get down there and muck out the dungeon as it has become known. We got started around 7am and was really surprised that when we took a break for lunch we had not only completed the first room we wanted to get done but also had decided that we would conquer the next room too. By 2:3opm we had made two truck load trips to the dumpster and then filled the truck again with stuff for Goodwill. There is still a huge pile to go to the dumpster, and lucky for us it comes on Wednesday morning. We need to bring it all upstairs and put it into the back of the truck so as not to find it scattered all over the lawn by the dogs before the garbage truck gets here.

After getting that all done we decided we deserved a nice dinner out and a trip to the store for a few storage totes. Dinner at Shogun's was nice and we even survived a trip to Lowe's and Walmart. We did end up making a midnight run back to Bowling Green to pick up Tori who had gotten sick while at Amber's. She figures she got a bit of food poisoning but she is feeling better today.

This morning I repacked a few of the Christmas totes into the new ones we bought and labeled everything in site so we would know what we have where. That in itself feels good. We still have a bit of cleaning out and organizing to do but it is something that will take a bit more time than we wanted to spend yesterday.

The girls are still off of school this week and hopefully they will decide to spend a bit of that time at home before the busyness of things start up again. Will is off of work until the end of January when the college kids start back up so he plans to help out his mom with the apartments she has. I have to work of course which is fine. I get out of the house and with the raises I have gotten recently it is more worth it.

I am planning of having a hysterectomy done come February. The store will be at it's slowest and so I will be able to take off easier. I have a call in to the doctor's office right now trying to find out if it can be done simpler than we had discussed back in October. I wouldn't mind having the entire month off, but I really need the paycheck coming it too. Hopefully will hear back from them this week so that I can buckle down and get some plans made.

Some other changes happening around here are all about me. I have decided to make some personal changes that have so far had some positive affects on all of us. The job was the first thing that really made a difference in my overall attitude. The struggle at first is beginning to pay off. I have made some financial changes as well and although I haven't seen the differences yet the fact that it has been taken care off has lifted a very heavy weight from my shoulders. Physical changes have been going on too. Because of my crazy work schedule and lack of grazing while at home has prompted my pants to fit alot looser. That has a way of making things better!

Finally my word for 2010 has been decided upon and I picked CHANGE as my word. I figure it couldn't be a better fit as I have been making so many changes already. Life is looking up, home is much cleaner and more organized and overall I couldn't be happier. Heres to 2010!

No comments: